The Artisan Express Program is designed for small price conscious artisan contractors that are new in business, have losses, or a lapses in coverage. Artisan contractors only. The program does not allow any sub exposure, so place your General Contractors and Home Builders in the Contractors Advantage Program.
Provides general liability coverage for small to medium-sized artisan contractors within the approved territory. This includes residential and commercial contractors involved in new construction and service/repair/remodel work with less than $5,000,000 in annual receipts, less than $500,000 in annual construction payroll.
Risks that have any one of the following characteristics are not eligible for this program:
- Work on new condominiums, townhouses, or tract homes with over twenty-five (25) units at any time in the development.
- Work on occupied student housing.
- Remodeling/repair work on senior housing, assisted living facilities or retirement homes.
- Any structural work, including grading and excavation, on slopes of greater than 30 degrees. Retaining wall may not exceed 6 feet in height, or excavation over 6 ft deep.
- Sales, installation, service or repair of automatic fire extinguishing systems, boilers, elevators, escalators, surveillance systems or TV monitoring systems, either commercial or residential.
- Sales, installation service or repair of wood, coal or waste oil-burning stoves.
- Removal or installation of asbestos insulation or asbestos containing material, fungus, molds, or installation of insulation materials other than fiberglass, rock wool, or plastic.
- Sales or application of chemicals such as herbicides or pesticides unless incidental application of “over-the-counter” herbicides or pesticides on lawns under the insured’s regular care.
- Work for petroleum, industrial, chemical, or any industrial facility.
- Operations/work on or for airport, elevator, environmental remediation, railroad, swimming pool construction, traffic lights, underground tanks, skylights, or EIFS.
- Utility/Main Line fiber optic cable work or installation.
- Any exterior work over four (4) stories in height.
- General Contractors who have been personally bankrupt or the principal in a company that has been bankrupt within the past three (3) years.
- Recreational or playground construction.
- Contractors where any officer, owner, or partner has been indicted or convicted of the crime of fraud, bribery, or arson.
- Risks involved in demolition of structures exceeding one (1) story in height, and/or demolition of any structure by wrecking ball or explosives.
- Any contractor involved in foundation repair, stabilization and/or retrofitting.